Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wikis

Wikis are a wonderful way to collaborate with peers! This is so exciting because wikis allow collaboration not only with other San Jose Public Library staff, but all with librarians all over the world! This takes the typical website a step further, because it allows others to correct misinformation. I am very excited about the possibilities.

16.1 There are so many possible collaborative horizons: sharing conference information, ideas, practices, and staff development.

16.2 I like the idea of sharing program ideas. I also like the idea of staff development. Perhaps people who are shy about contributing in meetings will feel more free online.

17. Phew! Thank goodness there were other people who have already finished adding their blog to the favorites! I needed to look at the previous entries to see what I needed to do. First, you need to change from "wiki" to "URL". Then you have to add the URL for your blog. I was confused as to what "link text" meant; I haven't coded html in a long time. Finally, I remembered that "link text" is what will show on the web page as a representation of the link.

No comments: