Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Online Applications and Tools

18.1-3 It seems that the need for more hard drive space on the computer is coming to an end! Many applications seem to be moving to the Web, so the necessity of saving onto a drive seems unnecessary. I did try ZohoWriter and was impressed by the similarities to Word. However, there is a limited number of fonts. I do like the direct exports to this blog, for instance.

19.1 Wow! I love this website! When the little ones are all off to school and I have some time on my hands, I will try to catalog some of my favorite books!

19.2 For now, reality sets in and I realize that will be some years down the road. I did add five books. See discussion below:

19.3 I chose one book I was sure would have many versions: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone. As expected, there were about 9 pages. What was annoying was that the list seemed to be randomly ordered, as opposed to an ordered listing. Thus, the paperback version that I have was listed on the 4th page! I also looked for a book from an online publisher, and lo and behold it was there! One title, a Hawaiian publication, was not listed. I had the pleasure of adding this title to Library Thing! For my fourth title, I chose the newest UNPUBLISHED version of Harry Potter. There were about 40 people who have it listed as a title in their library! I am guessing they ordered a copy on Amazon and are considering it as already on their shelf???? For the fifth title, I tried to find an obscure guilty pleasure read from the 1970's but I couldn't locate it. I had to resort to a favorite easy reader. Here is my personal library URL:
My Library

No comments: